Thursday 7 July 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange

A couple months ago I decided I was going to take part in Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous Handmade Gift Exchange. My partner was a lovely Scottish lady called LeeAnn from View From The Hamster Wheel, we chatted away via email about things and I learnt that she too doesn't own a posh slr camera just a point and shoot digi camera like me and she's scared of sewing zips into projects...

So with these thoughts in mind I decided to make her a zipper pouch/make up bag and a strap for her digicam.

The zipper pouch is made from a pale pink 7" zipper, white cotton lining and the funky pink print jersey... I actually bought too much of this fabric in overestimating how much I'd need so now I've got some for me to use in the future too :) Sewing this took some patience I had no idea how frustrating it is to sew jersey! I even finished off the zipper ends after seeing some easy tutorials to make the zipper look finished.
The camera strap is a funky red/pink floral pattern material a bit like a scarf... it actually came from my emergency stash of offcuts that Mum sent me from her last fabric shop trip.. while making this one I realised how quick and easy they were and made myself one out of an old scarf, but I'll show you that another day.

I'm glad LeeAnn likes her gifts and I'm glad I had such a lovely partner for my first swap, I shall have to play again next time!


Tomorrow I'll do a post on the gifts LeeAnn sent me

10 comments:

AsylumTanya said...

What a sweet gift. I too have only a point and shoot camera. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one. (Now there are three!) Thanks for sharing!

malia said...

Newest follower from the Thrifty Thursday Blog hop... would love for you to consider following me back xo
Malia

http://www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Kasia said...

really nice idea. I like the choice of fabric.

Brit said...

Beautiful job! Love the colors :) Thanks for linking up with us and sharing!
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

FeltByRae said...

What lovely gifts, such beautiful fabric you have used

I'm in the swap too but my partner is in Canada, so what with the postal strike they had there recently our gifts to each other are still in transit!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Very pretty...great idea, too
Stop over to enter Vintage Linen Giveaway

Sam Findlay said...

This is very cute! I would love something like this for my very basic camera!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation :) Thank you!

Unknown said...

These are both beautiful! Love the patterns you chose! You have a very lucky craft swapping friend! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share this week!

Katie said...

Great gifts! Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week! We hope you'll join us again this week!