Friday 16 May 2014

Marvel Birthday Card

 I get some unusual requests for card orders and this one was certainly a challenging one, from a regular customer. This one was for her grandson's birthday.

The brief was:
  • Number 3
  • Kai (his name)
  • Marvel characters (had to include Captain America, Hulk, Spiderman and Iron Man)
  • Bright colours
 So here's how I put all the requested details together.
 
I tried to keep the colourschem simple as just blue, white, red and yellow...with a little green for Hulk, any more green would have been too much for the card, I did play around with green more and it just didn't work.
I even hand drew all the characters, which was not the easiest thing to do, many attempts at each character till I found a comic book cover that had the perfect pose of \captain America, Hulk and Spiderman that I could draw for myself. I coloured them using watercolour pencils.
 Now I didn't forget Iron Man...I just couldn't get him to fit on the front of the card with the other charcters.. couldn't leave hiom out either as he's Kai's favourite character so I decided to put him inside the card to make the insert more interesting.



Photobucket

No comments: