Sunday 10 August 2014

A Little Late....Christmas Bakes

 Sitting watching The Great British Bake Off and I've realised that I never shared the photos of my christmas bakes from 2013....so a fair few months behind but better late than never.

After 2012's cake decorating class I decided to be brave and go it alone. The side was done using a miniature snowflake rolling pin on the icing. Stars punched out of icing and snowballs rolled. The penguins took a fair bit of work as making icing black is not as easy as I expected it to be. I then handpainted the merry christmas sentiment using red food colouring gel. A lovely boozy cake, marzipan hidden under the icing and it lasted us for weeks.
  I then had a crack at Paul Hollywood's mince pie recipe and decided to make the lids star shaped. A little tricky to bake as each star top cooked at a different speed. An awful lot of these mince pies were made and eaten over christmas, almost every family member and friend that we saw over christmas has a few of these too.
Now to up the scale and design for 2014's christmas bakes!

Photobucket

No comments: