Sunday 21 December 2014

December Wedding Card Order

This month I had an order for a wedding card from a regular customer. She always gives me a detailed brief of what the card needs to feature.

This time the card had to have:
  • The couple's names
  • The wedding date
  • Holly
  • Blue Topaz for a december birthstone
  • QPR blue
  • Light christmas theme
 Here's what I came up with...
 
The cardstock is sparkly and similar to the blue topaz birthstone. The background features embossed snowflakes and some blue glitter stickles. The holly made a lovely, simple embellishment for the wedding dress and added to the christmas feel of the card. The QPR shade of blue featured as the groom's waistcoat, the ink for the sentiment and also for the text inside the card.
I always prefer to put the names and dates inside of the card, so it doesn't clutter the front of the card but also so it can be a main feature of the card insert itself. I even added a few miniature snowflakes around the text to keep the christmas/winter wedding theme going.

Hopefully both my customer and the couple themselves like the card.

Photobucket

No comments: