Tuesday 27 January 2015

Learning To Knit

 The other month at a craft show I decided it was time that I needed to learn to knit...everyone else can knit and makes me lovely knitted gifts yet I've never ventured beyond knitting the ribbon scarves.

So it took me quite a while to actually start knitting, I tried looking up how to cast on but failed epicly every time I tried so I had to wait till the next time Mum came over, which was a couple of weekends ago...although it wasn't an easy lesson to learn as she's left handed and I'm right handed so it was a tad confusing to start with...Finally we got me going on a friday night with a G&T.

This is how my scarf looked by the end of Saturday evening, not bad for a few hours knitting and a few mistakes I had to take apart and correct without it all unravelling.

An hour or so a night and a spot of diy in the house later... by the Wednesday night my scarf was finished and ready to wear.
It may be just plain, simple Garter stitch but for my first crack at knitting properly with wool I'm very impressed.

Check back over the next week or so as I'll have more knitting projects to share.

Photobucket

No comments: